V e n u s a R o s s o 2 0 1 6
- Technical Sheet
- Production Area: Venice, Island of Santa Cristina
- Grape variety: 82% Merlot, 18% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vineyard Surface: 2,85 ha
- Orientation: East-West, flat
- Elevation: 3 m above sea level
- Soil type: Lagoon, silty-sandy, slightly chalky
- Vine training method: spur-pruned cordon
- Vine density per ha: 1300
- Production per plant: 1 kg
- Harvest: Manual, end of September for Merlot,beginning of October for Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fermentation: Stainless steel tanks
- Temperature of fermentation: 25 C
- Length of maceration: 20 days with daily manual punching down
- Alcohol content: 14%
- Aging: 36 months in concrete vats and 12 months in bottle
Its color is intense ruby with delicate violet highlights.
Its nose exhibits aromas of wildflowers from the lagoon with red cherries, strawberries, blueberries and a complex expression of dried herbs.
The palate is vibrant and crisp with notes of mint and a touch of red currant.
Its finish is intense and savoury.
“An unique terroir hides excellence of unique flavor between sandbar and salty soil in the Native Venice.
We found ourselves immersed in a rarefied atmosphere, almost suspended, in a timeframe that seems to have forgotten a real dimension.”